Q: How old are you and where are you from?
– I am 22 from a city called Duarte in Southern California
Q: I see you are a journalist, what’s the story and why did you start?
– I began loving to read & write at a very young age. My mom put me in this writing contest for the city when I was 10 yrs old, and I won first place so from then I realized it was something I was good at and in high school I wrote for our online newspaper for 4 years so I learned the ropes.
Q: What inspires you in the media industry?
– Telling a story. Telling the best stories I can in the best way possible and bringing attention to important social issues through my storytelling.
Q: When you’re not busy writing, what are some of your favorite things to do?
– I run my two companies & go to school
Q: I also saw on your Instagram you have a few upcoming businesses, one being a beauty one and social media branding agency can you tell us more about those?
– My cosmetics company glam pump is my baby and we are launching our very first makeup line “The Prism Collection” very soon! And KD Consulting will be selling social media marketing blueprints & custom courses online!
Q: What are the challenges that you have faced being a journalist and has anything surprised you?
– The challenges I’ve faced have come from wanting to be successful and have the freedom to create on my own media platform.
Q: What Inspired you to do journalism?
– Oprah Winfrey hands down, I remember watching her with my mom when I was a little girl…I would want her to be proud of me in some way shape or form
Q: Do you have any advice for other aspiring writers?
– My advice is to keep your honesty & integrity in this field and no matter what your assignment is…do not forget to be yourself and be an individual in your work.
Q: Where can we find you on social media?
Facebook- Kayla Denson