Ever wondered how to build up to a great credit score? Today I’m going to leave you with 6 insightful tips. Who doesn’t want a good credit score? It eliminates so much stress and havoc. There’s a chance that you may want to buy a house in the future you need a great credit score. So here are a few tips.
- Keep your balance low compared to the amount of available credit
– When you keep the amount of credit usage to 30% and below it shows that you’re able to control your spending habits and don’t need
- Pay your bills on time
– Late payments can have a negative impact on your score. If you happen to miss your payment do your best to get and stay current.
- Make more than the minimum payments
– If you only plan to make the minimum on your credit card debt this can take you forever to pay off your balance. The interest whether low or high on your card over time can add up and have you paying way more than you initially borrowed. Paying more can help you save more in the thousands of interest charges.
- Don’t open a lot of new accounts over a short period of time
– Try not to apply for multiple credit card accounts. This can reflect negatively on your report and score and will show that’s you’re on the brink of a financial crisis.
- Review your credit report regularly and correct mistakes
– Make sure everything on your report is correct and there are no errors. By federal law, you are entitled to one free copy of your credit report per year from each of the 3 major credit bureaus. Check your credit report at least once per year to ensure that the information on it is yours, and correct.